1. Training will be a lot more fun. For us, it’s as much a social activity as it is training - everyone has fun and they help each other out; they support each other and make lasting friendships.
2. You’ll be far more interested - we draw from Gymnastics, Olympic Lifting, Powerlifting, Strongman, and endurance events... There are many avenues to explore and many disciplines to progress in - think freestanding handstands and heavy cleans; squatting bodyweight, bodyweight and a half, two times bodyweight; think pull ups and heavy carries (which, by the way, if you can move fast under load, think how fast you’ll be without load…)
3. Your view of fitness will definitely change… Remember, there are 10 physical skills, not just cardiovascular/respiratory endurance and stamina…
4. With the increase in flexibility and strength, many long term aches and pains magically disappear. The time spent under load will result in an increase in bone density (best prevention for osteoporosis) and produce thicker, stronger connective tissue, making for a bulletproof athlete.
5. Winter is approaching… Do you really want to be jogging outside, on your own, for a long time, in the dark, getting wet, doing something that produces minimal results…?
~ Coach Collins